Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Great Grandparents



A ( Great )Grandmother's Prayer
Author: Barbara Burrows

changed to great grandparent: roxie



Oh Lord, I do not ask for much,

Eternal beauty, or youth, or such.

Just give me a little hand to hold,

And I'll forget that I'm growing old.


I do not ask for cloudless skies,

A life that's free from tears and sighs.

Just give me a little face to kiss,

And anxious moments will turn to bliss.


For what is there, really, that means so much

As little hands that reach and touch,

As little eyes that search and see

Only the best in fragile me?


So let me grow more loving and wise

By looking at life through their wide eyes.

For through these little ones, you have given

These grateful great grandparents a glimpse of Heaven.

1 comment:

Bee said...

How nice that your grandchildren can know their great-grandparents. The most wonderful lady I ever knew was my great-grandmother. She's who I want to bew when I grow up.